When it started to not working, it does frustrate me; but not to the point to sue Apple like some people did. Apparently, this issue has been carried away from iPhone 4 to 5.
iPhone 5 Sleep/Wake Button Replacement Program
"Apple has determined that the sleep/wake button mechanism on a small percentage of iPhone 5 models may stop working or work intermittently. iPhone 5 models manufactured through March 2013 may be affected by this issue. Apple will replace the sleep/wake button mechanism, free of charge, on iPhone 5 models that exhibit this issue and have a qualifying serial number."Check your phone eligibility here - you can also find out where you can get your iPhone replaced.
The broken lock button cannot be fixed, unless you want to try to crack open your iPhone. However you can have a 'reroute' to get your iPhone locked / turned off: with AssistiveTouch.
- Turn on AssistiveTouch: Setting > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch On.
- There should be a grey circle/box that you can move everywhere you want.
- To lock your iPhone: click on the AssistiveTouch > Device > Lock Screen.
- To take screenshot: click on the AssistiveTouch > Device > More > Screenshot.
- To turn off your iPhone: click on the AssistiveTouch > Device > Hold on the Lock Screen until “slide to power off” appears.
- To turn on your iPhone: plug your iPhone to the charger.
How to restart your iPhone without lock button
LiveinRangoon Blog Table of Content