There are plenty of hotels in Yangon. Ranges from USD60 to USD250 and above. If you stay in 5 stars hotels, you can pay with credit card; anyway, always bring cash.
It's been said that Myanmar is very safe that people bringing piles of cash around the street; but better always be careful.
House & Others http://en.house.com.mm/
Non furnished apartment
Semi furnished apartment
Full furnished apartment
Most common for foreigners right now is the serviced apartment. Electricity black out and limited internet access happen regularly. I don't think people from very developed countries are happy to sleep without air con during summer or shower without water heater during winter.
However, the cost to stay in such fancy places is not very friendly. Rent fee USD3000 per room (about 55 sqm) per month is kind of the median price; while 4 bedrooms can reach USD9500 per month.
To buy land in Yangon, you will need about USD300 per square feet.
News said there will be new law: foreigners can own condo.
Here are some ready serviced apartments in Yangon:
- Espace Avenir email : email@example.com
Room type: Mayestic
- Golden Hill Tower email : firstname.lastname@example.orgTariffs: Starts from USD4400/month (70 sqm) for room type: One Bedroom
- Marina email : email@example.com
- Micasa email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sakura Residence email : email@example.com
- Shangri-La Residence email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Price starts from USD6000/month (156 sqm including balcony) for room type 2BR+1 (already fully booked) .. up to USD12,000 for penthouse.
- HAGL Centre 1800 apartments
- Golden City 1200 apartments
- Dagon City by Marga Landmark: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1735436
- Diamond Inya Palace 406 apartments
- The 68 Residence 153 apartments
Last update: Nov 9, 2014
* = New
This post will be update at some point of time; so you can check it once a while.
LiveinRangoon Blog Table of Content